Last updated 16/04/2018
- our websites, including https://subterraneangames.com, http://www.brightrockgames.comand https://wftogame.com (our “Sites”);
- any of our games, products or services, including mobile applications on iOS, Android and any other applicable mobile platform; and
- any of our games, products or services (including support services) which may be accessible via a web application,
third partyplatform or social networking service (including Kickstarter and Facebook).
We’ll call them
Who we are
Brightrock Games Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 09798155). Our registered office address is at 2nd Floor Wenlock House, 41 North Street, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN1 1RH.
We are the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
A quick word about children
We recognise we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 13. For children under the age of 13 wishing to use the Services, written permission or other verifiable consent is required from a parent or guardian (details of which can be obtained from [email protected]. In some countries, prior written permission or other verifiable consent may be also required from a parent or guardian for children under 18 years of age.
Information which we collect
The kinds of information which we may process include:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your Steam user name or any other name used to identify yourself in any Services;
- Any other information with which you supply us via the Services;
- Technical or other details about any device which you use to access the Services,
including:Internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); your Media Access Control (MAC); any device Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or equivalent; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware or mobile device details (including your mobile device type and number and mobile carrier details), if applicable; or other technical details. This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which we do not believe identifies any individual;
- Details of your use of our Services including, but not limited to: metrics information about when and how you use the Services; traffic data; and your geographical location data;
- Details of your Steam account (but not any financial details);
- Details about your use of social networking and our Services. This may include certain information from Facebook or other social media networks (including access to your
friendslist as well as aggregated non-personal analytics data about our users) in accordance with Facebook’s and other networks’ terms and conditions; and
- Other personal or business information required in order to help you with any queries or support matters you may need assistance with via our forums or customer support service.
How we collect information:
We may collect and process information about you through the following means:
- Information that you give us via any of our Services, including any of our games;
givenwhen you contact us or report a problem with any of the Services; and
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect this information via our Services or third party services connected with them.
Where we store your personal information
If you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please don’t share it with anyone.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our servers via any of our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
By providing us with the information about you discussed above, you consent for us to use that information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or
other devicefrom which you access the Services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our
Services,when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To improve or modify the Services, for
examplebased on how you play our games; and
- To calculate conversion rates and other elements of Services’ performance.
We may also share your non-personal information with third party partners who work with us to provide the Services to you (for example,
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about our users to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Please remember that any communications you have via our Services, including for example our games, may reveal your screen name, other details about you and the content of any communications by you to other users. We are not responsible for the activities of other users or other third parties whom you choose to provide your information to or otherwise interact with (whether via our Services or otherwise)
Third party sites
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or services of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites or services may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, nor do we endorse such websites or services. Please check carefully before you submit any personal information to these websites or services
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us at [email protected]. The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You may also email us at [email protected] to request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.